Thursday, January 26, 2017

What I hope to get out of this course.




I am excited to take Intro to Tech in the classroom with Professor Dr. Craig A. Cunnigham here at National Louis University. I know that this course will give me an edge when it comes to creating innovative lesson plans that will engage my students, and assist them in competing in a technologically advanced global society. This generation of students are born into technology. They can usually effortlessly navigate through various apps and games before they can formulate a complete system. I feel that we need to hone in on those skills as early as possible to further develop their abilities. 
It is important for today's educators to offer lessons that relate to the leaders of tomorrow. Studies suggest that students are most likely to retain knowledge that relates to their interest. Gaining a technological education is a step in the right direction on my part. During this course I am eager to learn to use various websites like twitter, glogster, and piktochart to further enhance my technical abilities, which will ultimately lead to the technological enhancement of the students that I educate. I am also eager to gain knowledge that will enhance my technical abilities as well.
I consider myself to have moderate technical skills. I have always wanted to enhance my skills so that I too can compete in a technological society. I believe that it is important to continuously educate myself so that I will have an edge competitively if I ever decide to move in another direction professionally. I am extremely confident that this course will allow me to do so.  

https://roderickbadilla23.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/edtech4me-log-created-on-add-letters-site21.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment