Sunday, March 19, 2017

Flipped Classroom


The Flipped Classroom




The flipped classroom is most commonly used in post-secondary learning environments. I believe that it is a useful tool that can be used to introduce students to a subject that may be difficult to grasp. It can be especially beneficial to use this method to ensure that your classroom becomes more of a student centered learning environment. I myself thoroughly enjoy having an assignment to complete before class, so that I can be prepared to engage in classroom discussion. I am not sure if this technique is commonly used in the K-12 classroom setting. I am more familiar with the backward design and gradual release of responsibility models. This model would especially come in handy in a secondary education classroom.

I would utilize this model by first ensuring that all of my students have access to technology outside of the classroom. One of the key components of the flipped classroom model is introducing the material to be discussed or demonstrated in an electronic format prior to the class. Ensuring that the students have access to the required technology is essential. Next, I would ensure that the material would be able to shared and played over several formats, i.e. text, email, and app downloading.
Then I would gather information regarding the background knowledge of the specific content from my students. This will assist me in determining the type of electronic introduction that I would select to introduce the topic to my students. Which would in turn offer an outline on the rest of the instruction so that I so could plan and properly execute to ensure that my students grasped the content.



No comments:

Post a Comment